During this difficult time, we appreciate that many patients may have concerns about their safety when receiving care. So, to avoid unnecessary worry, we have introduced significant changes to the way we treat patients to ensure their safety at all times.
Depending on your eye condition and treatment plan, your pre-operative assessment will now either take place at the service or via a virtual consultation. We operate in standalone clinics away from unwell patients or wards, our dedicated clinics and environments mean we can control the flow of patients, adhere to social distancing guidelines, and ensure our environments are regularly cleaned.
Some examples of our changes in clinic:
- • Based on NHS guidance, patients attending a surgical procedure will need to self-isolate for 10 days before their surgery date. In some areas, patients may be required to take a PCR test three days prior to their surgery.
- We will carry out COVID-19 screening with all patients before their face-to-face appointment to ensure they are well enough to attend.
- We are limiting the number of appointments per day to adhere to social distancing guidelines and we are asking that patients attend alone unless they need someone to assist them.
- During the visit we will ask patients to keep two metres apart from other people, except from the clinical team who will be delivering their care.
- Upon entry to our facility we’ll check every patient’s temperature, provide them with hand sanitiser and a face mask.
- Every member of the Newmedica team will always have appropriate PPE.
A member of the Newmedica team will talk each patient through all requirements before they are asked to attend any face-to-face appointments, so they feel comfortable and safe.