During this difficult time, we appreciate that many patients may be worried about their safety when receiving care. So, to avoid unnecessary worry we have been working hard during lockdown to introduce significant changes in the way we treat patients to ensure their safety at all times.
Where appropriate we will deliver as much of the treatment pathway as possible remotely. But as we operate in standalone clinics away from unwell patients or wards, our dedicated clinics and environments mean we can control the flow of patients, adhere to social distancing guidelines and ensure our environments are regularly cleaned.
Some examples of our changes in clinic:
- Based on NHS guidance, all patients attending a surgical procedure will need to self-isolate for 10 days before coming into the clinic.
- All patients will receive a COVID-19 screening call 48-72 hours before their face to face appointment to ensure they are well enough to attend.
- We are limiting the number of appointments per day to adhere to social distancing guidelines and we are asking that patients attend alone unless they need someone to assist them.
- When patients arrive outside the clinic, we are asking them to call us on the number found on their appointment letter to let us know they have arrived. We will call them back when it’s time to come in.
- During the visit we will ask patients to keep two metres apart from other people, except from the clinical team who will be delivering their care.
- Upon entry to our facility we’ll check every patient’s temperature, provide them with hand sanitiser and a face mask.
- Every member of the Newmedica team will always have appropriate PPE.
A member of the Newmedica team will talk each patient through these changes so they feel comfortable and safe before they are asked to attend any face to face appointment.